Aliens Movie??

KNIGHT

It's me again. Does anyone know what the "M41-A Pulse Rifle" was in real life? Kind of like the Star Wars weapons were made from Sterlings and Mausers. But what about the Aliens weapons?

------------------
The needs of the many out way the needs of the few.

It's been awhile since I've seen the movie, but if I recall correctly, the pulse rifle was mostly SPAS12. Additionally, the flamers were AR15s, and the Smart Rifle was mostly M60.

But what was the rifle part made from?

------------------

The gun part was just a tommy gun. I've seen pictures of it on the web, but I can't remember where. sorry.

Thanks guys. I found out that it IS a Thompson, and the "grenade launcher" is a Remington 870. Thanks Dave. Thanks Correia.

------------------

This is correct - the base gun was an M-21, a WWII TOMMY GUN... under it is an Ithica 12 Guage, with some SPAS 12 parts for looks. They called it an M-41A.
The pistols in the movie were VP-70s...
Of the 5 working guns - only one had the reming 870 action... but it didnt pump right... and was rarely used. The ithica worked better... for some reason.

------------------
RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE

Oh - the SMARTGUNS were German WWII MG42, not M-60s... They didnt even change the gun or dress it up - just mounted it on a "still-cam" harness...

------------------
RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE

Those muzzle breaks on those 42s were kick-ass too.

- Ron V.
Hudson (uncut version): "We got nukes, we got knives, sharp sticks..."

------------------

OOPS - SORRY.... WRONG ONE!

ALIENS... UH - YEAH... GREAT MOVIE...

[This message has been edited by Kodiac (edited May 12, 1999).]

Back