Alien Gear 3.0

garryc

I just got an e-mail saying my Alien Gear 3.0 holster for my Glock 26 has been shipped. That is the type of holster I like, but I have been buying from Homestead holsters.

It took three weeks, them saying it is hand fitted ( or something like that).

All I can say is it better be worth the wait.

I have the Alien Gear 2.0 for my Ruger SR1911LW CMD. Very comfortable and conceals nicely. I also have the 1.0 version for my Glock 19 and the OWB model for my Ruger. I like them all.

them saying it is hand fitted ( or something like that).

Eh? not really. The shell is molded to the particular gun, yes.

Yep, do tell us.

I have 3, two with leather, on of the AG 2 with the neoprene. The neoprene one I don't like so much, probably because it's for a snubby revolver, and doesn't work as well. For me. IMHO&YMMV.

BTW, FWIW, I've cut myself on the metal clip.

I really like my Alien Gear holsters. I have the 2.0 with the neoprene backing and the OWB with leather. They both work great, and I love that I can switch the kydex shells out so both of the holsters can work with both of my carry guns.

I have several Theis Hybrid holsters for various CCW guns. All have worked perfectly, fit tye gun perfectly, and haolsve been delivered within a couple weeks.
My son has an Alien Gear which he likes a lotk. I think it is probably a good holster, but at this point I have no reason to change.

Cloak Tuck 3.0

For what it is worth, I have been using my Cloak Tuck 3.0 for about 60 days now, maybe a little more.

I have used the Galco King Tuck line of holsters for a couple of years and have been happy with them. When I made a new purchase for daily carry (XDs 9mm) and needed a new holster, I decided to give one of these a try.

It also took me about four or five weeks from ordering it to receive the holster. When I received it, I was VERY skeptical about several things; the comfort of the neoprene against my skin (would it be too hot?), the quality of the build, especially in respect to how the neoprene was secured to the leather backing, the plastic belt hooks, and the formed kydex holding my pistol secure.

Now after wearing it every day I am very happy with my purchase and would recommend these to anyone looking for an IWB holster. It is extremely comfortable to wear and has been from Day One. I had liked the way the leather back of my King Tuck formed to me, but the Cloak Tuck 3.0 and the neoprene is a lot more comfortable, especially in the heat.

There are lots of extras with the holster to change how tight or how loose the shell holds the firearm. These are very versatile.

It would be fair to call me a "shill" for Alien Gear now. I wouldn't think twice about which company to buy an IWB holster from when I need one next. Give this a fair try, and I hope you are as happy with yours as I am with mine.

Regards,
Tony C.
Oregon

I have one (IWB tuck 3) that I like. It was hard to get into the right position when I first got it. The first time I wore it I had it at about 5 o'clock and it was a royal pain. I almost returned it, but decided to wait and wear it again. After wearing it now for about 2 weeks and determining that my problem was operator error, I'm keeping it. It's is fairly comfortable and does the job as advertised. I recommend it if you are looking for an IWB holster that works well.

I ordered an Alien Gear Cloak Tuck 3.0 on July 4th for my XDs45 w/Crimson Trace. Got the shipping conformation today, 1 week later. Seems they are moving faster through production to shipment. :) I'll let you know how it works out.

When I don't pocket carry with the BORAII, my Kahr is in the Cloak Tuck 2.0.
Nothing about it I don't like. Here in FL, I'll take the neoprene, over leather every time. Leather, and sweat eventually turn into a really nasty soup.

I really did like my BORAII for pocket carry but when I installed a Crimson Trace the BORAII went into the drawer with the other orphan holsters. I like the Crimson Trace pocket holster better than the Remora. I am really anxious to get the Tuck 3.0 and start using it. Do you usually use a cover shirt or tuck your shirt in? I don't often open carry in Texas although it is legal.

3PFZLEHl.jpg

Back