Alan Keyes...GOP folds on Chinagate

DC

Moderator Emeritus
www.worldnetdaily.com/bluesky_keyes/19990528_xcake_gop_folds_.shtml

Though primarily about the Cox report, Mr. Keyes examines the minds of the leadership of both parties, and this translates into all aspects...guns, crime, corruption, etc.

"I cannot understand how any American can be
complacent about this. America has indeed been a
shining city, but that city has had a defensive wall around
it. This wall was our national security, much of which
depended on our hard-won technological advantage.
Our enemies have just ripped a huge hole in that wall,
and we are now waiting to see what they are going to
pour through it in order to destroy us. We will be
struggling to deal with the consequences of this
devastating blow to the integrity of our national security
situation for the next 20 and 30 years. And yet many
Americans are still just sitting and watching.

We should have a deep sense of outrage, and our
political leaders should have the fear of God in them
right now as they sense the determination of a great
people to call to account those who have been on
watch. But I have not seen this fear on the faces of the
people in Washington who have the most explaining to
do. Perhaps more ominous than the damage to our
national security is the arrogant assumption of the
Washington establishment that even these revelations are
not a fundamental threat to their power. The confidence
our elites now have in the stupid apathy of the American
people is chilling.
"

------------------
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes"

[This message has been edited by DC (edited May 28, 1999).]

We should have a deep sense of outrage,

Some of us do. Some of us have been actively calling for the arrest, indictment, and imprisonment of Clinton and Reno for several years. Much good it does us.

and our political leaders should have the fear of God

I'd be more worried about an infuriated citizenry, personally.

in them right now as they sense the determination of a great people to call to account those who have been on watch.

Yeah, right. This will get swept under the rug along with everything else. Comrade Billy will mumble something about "the children" and "the economy," and we'll just go back to sleep.

(mutter, grumble, rant)

------------------
How does it become a man to behave toward this American government to-day?
I answer, that he cannot without disgrace be associated with it.
--Thoreau, "Civil Disobedience"

[This message has been edited by Coinneach (edited May 28, 1999).]

it just truly amazes me that the American people seem like they truly don't care about this. Has the whole country been brainwashed,
except for a few? I really just don't get it.
We have a group of people that sold the whole
country out, and the people don't care. I'm truly disgusted! The people responsible should be publicly hung & left for the crows
to divide up!

[This message has been edited by longhair (edited May 28, 1999).]

It all goes to apathy. Our government has been slowly ignoring, screwing and cheating the citizens little by little for so long that most people have just given up and accept todays portion of crap without caring.
Now that really serious stuff is coming out, the sheeple look at it as just another government screw-up, nothing I can do about it, given time it'll go away and stop bothering me type of thing.
Simply put, far too many Americans just don't give a damn. If it doesn't have a direct and imediate impact on their cozy, complacent little lives they couldn't care less.

From George Washington's vision:

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>"And again I heard the mysterious voice saying, `Son of the Republic, look and learn.' At this the dark, shadowy angel placed a trumpet to his mouth, and blew three distinct blasts; and taking water from the ocean, he sprinkled it upon Europe, Asia and Africa. Then my eyes beheld a fearful scene: from each of these countries arose thick, black clouds that were soon joined into one. Throughout this mass there gleamed a dark red light by which I saw hordes of armed men, who, moving with the cloud, marched by land and sailed by sea to America. Our country was enveloped in this volume of cloud, and I saw these vast armies devastate the whole country and burn the villages, towns and cities that I beheld springing up. As my ears listened to the thundering of the cannon, clashing of swords, and the shouts and cries of millions in mortal combat, I heard again the mysterious voice saying, `Son of the Republic, look and learn.' When the voice had ceased, the dark shadowy angel placed his trumpet once more to his mouth, and blew a long and fearful blast.

"Instantly a light as of a thousand suns shone down from above me, and pierced and broke into fragments the dark cloud which enveloped America. At the same moment the angel upon whose head still shone the word Union, and who bore our national flag in one hand and a sword in the other, descended from the heavens attended by legions of white spirits. These immediately joined the inhabitants of America, who I perceived were well nigh overcome, but who immediately taking courage again, closed up their broken ranks and renewed the battle.

"Again, amid the fearful noise of the conflict, I heard the mysterious voice saying, `Son of the Republic, look and learn.' As the voice ceased, the shadowy angel for the last time dipped water from the ocean and sprinkled it upon America. Instantly the dark cloud rolled back, together with the armies it had brought, leaving the inhabitants of the land victorious! [/quote]

(Emphasis added)

------------------
John/az

"Just because something is popular, does not make it right."

www.countdown9199.com

longhair:
"I really just don't get it.
We have a group of people that sold the whole
country out, and the people don't care."

You don't get it and I don't get it but one man had it right all along.

Lenin once observed that he could always find eager capitalists who would sell the rope to hang themselves.

Or maybe he only had it half right. Maybe he never envisioned the "leaders" of a capitalist country selling the rope to him.

------------------
Dave

[This message has been edited by DHH (edited May 28, 1999).]

[This message has been edited by DHH (edited May 28, 1999).]

Gentlemen : Remember history !!!
In the American Revolution, only 10% were in favor of independance and only 1% ever took an active part in it !!! We can change this nation back into what it is supposed to be !

Just be vigilant... soon there will be a call and you must be prepared to answer it!

America has about 265 million people at the last count, and 1% of that is 2.65 million, coincidently nearly the same number as are members of the NRA. There are 25 million living veterans each of whom took the oath to defend the Constitution.

Our Armed forces number less than 500,000 and most of them would side with Patriots... so what is there to do?

First we must show solidarity, then we must show resolve, failing that we must "pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes, and our Sacred Honor " just as our forefathers did before us ! ( the last line of the Declaration of Independance )

Plan to attend the freedom rally on the mall in DC this fall !!! Think what they would feel if say 2.5 million of us showed up ?

"If the representatives of the people betray their constituents there is then no resource left but in the exertion of that original right of self defense, which is paramount to all positive forms of government..." Alexander Hamilton, Federalist Paper 28 1787

------------------
What part of "INFRINGED" don't they understand?

Back