Alameda County to ban guns on county property

It sounds like CA needs state-preemption.

------------------
“The whole of the Bill (of Rights) is a declaration of the right of the people at large or considered as individuals. ... It establishes some rights of the individual as unalienable and which consequently, no majority has a right to deprive them of.” -Alexander Addison, 1789

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>"I would like to the furthest degree to isolate the county from any potential litigation," she said.[/quote]

(the following said slowly, as I come to a realization of a reality not known to me before...)

Isolate... Interesting... I see a pattern much more clearly now. That of us being isolated, one from another. More so than ever before we (generally speaking) fear each other. Businesses fear being taken to court over petty things. How many people do you see striking up a conversation in the grocery check-out line? In the movie theater line? Just walking down the sidewalk?

Some people look at me wierd when I start talking to them! I do it all the time, but I have noticed that I am in the minority...

Isolate people from each other and the only form of communication that they will want is one that they don't have to work at... It's as close as your remote control.

Other factors enter in to the equation, but this is one that has just now rung a bell with me...

Sorry for the rant...

------------------
John/az

"The middle of the road between the extremes of good and evil, is evil. When freedom is at stake, your silence is not golden, it's yellow..."

[This message has been edited by John/az2 (edited July 20, 1999).]

Back