Alabama and SBRs & SBSs?

Beretta686

Has Alabama legalized civilian possession of SBRs and SBSs, like some of the other states that have liberalized state restrictions on NFA toys?

They need to, for sure. At least suppressors are good to go there. Dunno when the last time someone mentioned getting SBR's ok'd there.

Funny, I live in Alabama and was asking the very same thing reguarding the suppressors being legal in the state. The guy I asked at a local gun store, and he said no. Any more info on this as I to am interested.........

I live in Alabama and was asking the very same thing reguarding the suppressors

Machineguns, suppressors, AOWs and DDs are legal in AL. For some reason, they do not allow SBR/SBS.

SBR/ SBS not legal to own, possess, or maufacture in Alabama

At this time it is not legal to own these items or the parts to manufacture them in Alabama. If you are going to be traveling through AL you may do so with these items but only if you have a valid form 20 from the ATF. Even so you should be very careful in doing so. This also includes the waters off the shore. We have several clients who bring SBR's fishing with them and a Form 20 is required in such a case.

SBR/SBS

It would be great if the would repeal the prohibition of SBR's and SBS's in Alabama. As long as one is not deviating from their path, they can travel through the state with one as long as they are legal where they end up. To do this, one needs a Form 20 approval at this time. Hopefully the law will be repealed and they will be legal in AL.

UPDATE

I got the chance to introduce myself to my State Representative (Todd Greeson) at a Little League game last night. He told me the bill didn't get out of the House in time to introduce it into the Senate before this session ended, effectively killing it. He did promise to introduce it again in the next session.

Keep writing your Senators and Reps about this.

Back