Al Gore's Bodyguards in Vietnam

Ed Brunner

My wife heard about something reported in thr pasr few days about Al Gore having bodyguards in Vietnam.
Does anybody know if/when this was reported.
Cites etc???

------------------
Better days to be,

Ed

Ed...
This was reported in quite a few papers and I-newsites last week.

The jist is that Al didn't want to go in the service, morally opposed and all that; but, ever the politico son, felt it would hurt Poppa Gore's re-election if he evaded, so he went to the Army. There are some non-confirmed anecdotes that Poppa Gore was "strongly assured"(from high up gov't types) that Junior would get a cake job and "always watched".....the implication being as bodyguard/protectors rather than intel people concerned about his political ideology

------------------
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes" RKBA!

Well those of you whom Ive corresponded with in the past know that I lived in Tennessee before moving to Florida---the point of that is that while I lived in Tennessee I met people who knew algore and tipper back then when they were the (?)radical types they were supposedly antigovt to the extreme and from what ive been told algore went to canada and daddy had him brought home---now how long he stayed, I dont know, that was the general belief among the folks I knew that had associated with him. He was a reporter for the local liberal rag the Tennessean during that time and its my understanding that he went to Vietnam as a reporter/journalst. I recently heard that msg regarding bodyguards being broadcast on a station out of gainsville, fl., ......fubsy.

Back