AK47 on fire..."Yeah...that's bad."

OnTheFly

Watch this until the end where you will get to hear some words of wisdom. I probably would have used those words during the first (at least it was the first one in video) magazine when the gun was smoking badly.

AK47 on fire

Fly

Betcha anything that barrel was also burned out. Sustained full automatic fire will do that to your gun. Now, on an AR, it's easy to swap out barrels. AK's requires a little more work.

That vid is old, VERY old. It was discussed ad nauseum on another forum and the man in the video actualy posted some responses. That particualr AK was a post-sample and the man is a licensed dealer. He didn't destroy a $15k firearm. He destroyed a $500 firearm, not that it makes much difference.

A very old video, but still entertaining. It wasn't a privately registered super-expensive AK, it was a dealer sample or manufacturer's reference sample or something like that. The guy in the video is over on warrifles.com if any of y'all want to talk to him. He admits it was dumb. I bet he has already been flamed enough at this point.

My only real problem with this stupid exercise is that he only fires about half of the last magazine so there is a round in the chamber when he whips it around at the camera guy... with the stock on fire. They are both lucky it is damn hard to "cook off a round".

9.5 on the darwin scale.
My take is he probably added flammables under the heat shield.
To do something like that without protective equipment is foolish.

It looks like the weapon was already on fire before he started shooting, or did the video start when he was already into a sustained bit of shooting and the fire result from the furniture lighting up?

Either was it's pretty amusing.

Back