ak47 in California ????

45isme

Inactive
I'm about to move to California for a long time. How much trouble would I get in if I brought my Ak47 to California? It has a pistol grip:eek: forward grip:eek: treaded barrel:eek: bayonet:eek: Accepts large magazines :eek: and according to California it is an "evil":mad: assault weapon. I know its highly illegal in California, but I want to know if I will go to jail or just get a fine for having one. I just don't want to give it up!!!

Yeah I figured not to bring it:( I was actually going to sell it before I leave, but I still want to know the repercussions for getting caught with one in California is. I guess thats what I want to know. Ive looked

Go to www.calguns.net and ask your question there as well.

I can tell you that if it's not on the list, all you need to do is remove the features that make it an AW in the PRK and you can bring it in.

NO FG, PG, thumbhole stock, or flash hider, take that/those off and you can legally bring it in, once again, as long as it's not on the list. The DOJ in CA has been telling people that all AK's are banned when it simply isn't true, there are thousands and thousands of people bringing them in and/or building them from bare receivers and kits.

Just don't bring your mags over 10 rds, unless you had them and you lived in CA before 2000, you would then be importing Hi Cap mags.

Have a great gun carryin' Kenpo day

Clyde

Last edited:
why the hell would you move to California in the first place?:confused:
and if you must move their give the AK to a relative that lives in a free state until you move out of CA.
I went there for a 2 week visit in Nor CAL had some fun and I am glad to be back in FL California is a nice state to visit but not to live in.Especially since the govenor there passed that stupid microstamping and lead ban bills.
Too expensive there,too anti-gun in general although there are parts where it is pro-gun but its way to liberal of a state for me.Florida is 1000 times better freedom wise it may not be as thrilling and beautiful as California but I rather have rights and be free then be restricted like hell.

Only downside of Florida is there is no open carry allowed that means I have to stuff the gun in my damn car because I am under 21 and cant get the damn ccw license until 2011.Whats funny is that in California its a misdemeanor to carry a pistol concealed without a license while in Florida its a damn Felony of 3rd degree!!!.I still like FL better though because I am more free than in Ca can own all the EBR's and Pistols I want with little restriction
except that I have to buy the pistols from a private party or have it gifted by my parents until I turn 21.I will stay in Florida for at least 3 or more years because I am going to go in a Apprenticeship program for Electrician.
By then I will be 21 so it does not make a difference either way.

Back