AK parts kits

kjm

I've been considering purchasing an AK (bulgarian milled) parts kit and assembling an SLR-95 from parts. My questions concern legalities, and how-to.
First: I noticed that the parts kits aparently are just full-auto parts. I don't have a class III, and don't want a machinegun anyway. Can I still assemble a LEGAL rifle from a full-auto parts kit?
Second: I will be using a Bulgarian reciever. Can I assemble the rifle using both the foriegn reciever, and the foriegn parts, or do I need to purchase some american parts?
THIRD: If the weapon has a bayonet lug, can I simply cut it off to be in compliance with the law?
FOURTH: Has anybody done this, I mean assemble an AK from parts? I want to know how difficult it is to do, and will I need any special tools or skills? I have access to both, but would like to know what I will be involved in before I step off into it. This will be a "gift" to my 6 month old son whenever he reaches a safe age, and so I want to go first class. Any input is appreciated.

Back