AK Magazines

Rezdog

I see lots of AK-47s advertised in Shotgun News and they usually come with one five round magazine. Elsewhere there are myriad ads for all kinds of magazines and pouches, etc. My question is: Are these magazines interchangeable among the various manufacturers? If I bought an AK-47 and wanted large capacity mags, what do I need to know about fit and interchangeability??

Thankfully magazines are one things that don't change too much on AKs. Some will have the ribs on the back (stronger) and some will be of plastic construction. Regardless, they're pretty generic regardless of which AK you have. At least that's my experience with them.

You've got to watch some of the newer imports that will only take a single stack mag. Otherwise they will just about all work.

There are only (2) two AK type rifles that I know of that WILL NOT take Hi-Cap Mags. (Well one might?)

The Single Stack as mention above, and the Romanian 223 Cal AK type Rifle, this will ONLY take importers modified mags... whatever that means.

------------------
-AoW[t]-Dead [Black Ops]

Back