AK kits and American recievers

brass shower

I'm getting a Chinese MAK-90 kit and I plan to build it on a Hesse AK receiver. I heard that the hesse reciever is made for European and Russian kits though and some modification will be needed for the chinese barrel to fit (had I known this before I purchased the kit I would have gotten a Romanian kit instead. Does anyone know what I will need to make this project work?

Friend did the same thing had to get reciver without trunion holes drilled in it because the spacing of the holes is different. The reciver is made for european pattern ak parts.Hesse reciver is HARD!. he said he tried but did't get anywhere with reg drill bits. Had to use carbide bits and it still was slow going lots of cutting fluid needed. Put washers between trunion and reciver to take up slack. He tapped front and rear trunion for 6mm screws. Said that trying to rivet would require special tools. He ordered reciver with trigger guard riveted on. Those special tools again.Shot 3-30 round clips thru it and was very pleased with results.

Back