AK Adjustable Rear Sights: How Are They Removed & Installed?

I've got a Krebs AK-103 and it's a pain in the butt to drift the front sight to the Left or Right with a sight adjustment tool.

Well, I bought a metal Adjustable Rear Sight from Tapco but I don't see how the original sights on the Rifle can be removed and the adjustable sights installed? How Big a Hammer and Pair of Pliers do I need?

I'm going crazy trying to figure out how to get the old sight off and an adjustable sight on...Aaaarrrggghhhh!
:confused:

Underneath the rear sight is a leaf spring. Either put the rifle in a vise, or have someone hold it for you. DON'T rest it on your lap, for reasons that will be explained.
Using a screwdriver with a narrow blade, press down on the leaf spring, just in front of the sight. As the spring is forced down, the sight will drop down in the base and can be slid backward and out.
The spring is very strong, and requires a lot of force to push it down. To re-install, force the spring down until you can push the sight into the small ramps in the base, and forward until it snaps into place.

The reason not to hold it in your lap, is that the rifle will flip over suddenly, and you will drive the screwdriver into your leg. Many of us have discovered this the hard way.

Dferiswheel:

I appreciate the info on installing the site and I sure am glad you pointed out how to avoid getting stabbed with that darn screwdriver.

If you hadn't pointed that out, I know I'd be going to the Hospital Emergency Room for stitches.

I appreciate it....:D

Back