AK-74 Air gun

The Russian AK factory at Izhmash produces an AK-74 lookalike airgun.

They begin with a normal AK receiver and barrel. The 5.54 mm barrel is drilled at three points beneath the forearm so as to render it unsafe to use with real ammunition. Additionally, the chamber is plugged so as to preclude chamber a live round. The bolt carrier is slightly modified and the recoil spring and guide remain the same.

What the clever designers at the factory did was to gut the receiver. No internal rails at all. This permits them to slip in an air pistol with the pistol's grip serving as the pistol grip of the air rifle. The air gun has an 8 shot rotary magazine (like the current crop of RWS, Colt, Sig, S&W lookalike airguns) and a reserve magazine of 11 rounds. When the airgun is discharged, the BB goes through the airgun barrel into the cleaning rod which has been hollowed out to serve as a barrel extension. It is not rifled so accuracy is good only to about 5 meters.

The AK-74 Air rifle has fake 30 round plastic magazine which snaps into place like a real magazine. It serves no purpose other than aesthetics. Real magazines cannot be inserted as they will interfer with the BB gun inside.

To use the gun, you simply squeeze the DA trigger and poof! The AK-74 gun is so realistic (and I've shown it to cop friends), anyone running around brandishing it could be shot (and there is an advisory in the manual about it).

Rather interesting, I want one! :)

That is kind of like an "Airsoft" AK-47, but not full auto, and shots lead pellets instead of 6mm plastic BB's

------------------
-AoW[t]-Dead [Black Ops]

Thanks Gary!!! :) I bet those are banned in the state I live in, one never knows though!

------------------
-AoW[t]-Dead [Black Ops]

Back