AK-47 and AR180 questions

SuperCell

Didn't get much at AK-47.net on this.
1. Can anyone give me the year of manufacture for: AK-47 / Norinco/ triangle-66 / underfolder /type 56S-1/ ser. # 02xx/ Imported by IA CO SAC CAL.?

2. Will an Armalite AR180 accept AR-15 mags without having to be altered.?
Thanks in advance.

------------------
"middle of the road"-where a yellow streak and dead carcasses are found.

SuperCell:

Regarding the AR180, it will accept AR mags without alteration to the firearm, but a small alteration needs to be made to the magazine itself. This normally takes about 30 seconds and a dremel tool if you're handy with one. A fairly good overview of the process may be found at http://www.sterlingwebpages.com/ar180site/misc.htm

Hope this helps!

jeffer- I know what all of the markings signify on the AK. The triangle 66 is Norinco armory (China). I'm only looking for the man. date.
For some reason, I haven't been able to open the Armalite web site for the past week.
I remember seeing an old Armalite AR180 brochure that stated that AR15 mags were compatible. But my FFL showed me the difference. I think that Sterling made the steel Armalite mags-maybe they fit both, who knows? Have a good one, SC

------------------

Serval- thanks much for the AR180 website-I just printed it for future reference. I have a AR180 layed away and will be getting it soon. The folding stock is really tight and shouldn't be a problem with recoil. Have a good weekend.

------------------

Back