Ajax Grips

whiskey

I just got in a set of AJAX Grips for my newest Super Blackhawk. These are the Silver Blackwood Checkered grips. I have ordered from Ajax in the past. The first two sets were ivory polymer and buffalo horn polymer. Both needed a little fitting, but would have been fine without. This is the first wood pair I've bought from them. This pair fits nicely, just a tiny bit of overhang on the inside of the grip, but still better than factory. I really like the look and feel of this pair and I plan to buy a pair of the walnut soon.
Ajax%20SB.JPG

Hey whiskey, those are a couple of nice revolvers ya got there. Grips look good too. I've got a set of white "pearl-lites" on my Ruger Blackhawk. For $28 bucks they look great. I've always been happy with Ajax grips. Best, J. Parker

I got the plain ivory polymer

and when they arrived and I put them on my CCO .45, they just look like cheap plastic.

:(

Yeah the Ivory Polymer look like the cheap plastic grips that come stock on some Rugers, But I think they look ok on a blued Single Action. Especially if you don't want to fork out th emoney for bonded bone.

Sweet grips, riddleofsteel. Mind me asking where you got them? I'm looking for a pair for my ruger .22 single action. Fit seems real nice on yours.

Eagle Grips about 5 years ago. Prices on stag are up due to import problems. Look at some of the gun auction sites and search under grips. I was looking at a set of checkered buffalo horn earlier. Real classy.
rlyent_1004339422_GFbufhornckrd.jpg

here is an ad for two sets of stag grips for a Ruger for 80.00
http://home.talkcity.com/YosemiteDr/chuckaroo1/3index.html#misc

You know my search of the web seems to indicate that thanks to Bill Clinton the imports of Indian Stag is dried up. Eagle and several other companies have run out of stag grips for the more popular models. Some grips are still out there but for $200.00+ !!
I was looking at these American elk grips from Eagle and and for $125.00 they are real nice. However I tend to agree that for $75.00 the checkered buffalo horn seems like the best buy and pretty also. Bottom line....if you want stag find it and buy it NOW.

elk12.JPG

When I get my old model, blued Super Blackhawk, I will put stag on it. I love stag on blude guns. I really like the buffalo horn too, they look great on a Bright SS Vaquero.

Back