Airsoft

kantuc2

A few weeks ago my son and I bought a couple of the cheap simi-automatic pistols that airsoft makes (the clear plastic version that resembles a Trurus 9mm). We've been using them for force on force practice like clearing rooms, close quarter mugger evasion/defense hostage situations and the like. We use safety glasses and ear plugs (keeps the little balls from getting in your ear) and no other protection. They sting enough that you don't want to get hit but they don't leave a bruise like wax. Since we can practice clearing the house we live it we have found the blind spots and the safest way to approch clearing each room in the house. Also learned how accurate the various styles of shooting are and how good of shots we are under the pressure of getting shot at. Good tool to learn about yourself and your reactions under pressure. Expect to get some strange looks from the neighbors if you play these games in the yard or parking lot.

I've bought an Airsoft replica of my Glock 17 for the same purpose (inexpensive practice and force on force practice in my house). I'm currently using it to practice Applegate/Fairbairn style drawing and shooting, and I'm seeing improvement in my drawing speed and accuracy. I've got to go and get more gas for the thing, though :).

Back