Airport and CCW

JT-AR-MG42

Just wondering if it is legal or not to carry concealed with permit when meeting passenger on arriving flight. I figure federal law applies on this.

I really am not up on the laws since 9-11 and do not know how 'far' you can carry on airport grounds.

I do appreciate any sincere replies.

JT

in PA you can carry in the unsecured area of the airport, other states vary. Some philly pd thing you can't carry in the airport at all. they are wrong. They are getting educated, slowly.

I'm in Oregon

Thanks all.

From what I can make out it looks like carry is all right. The airport was not my main concern anyway. Just the neighborhoods surrounding it.

I be clear, JT

The Port of Portland was sued and lost under a preemption statute a few years ago IIRC, when they tried to ban weapons without an exemption for legal CHL holders (contrary to state law). Oregon state law says you can carry there (don't expect to get into the secured areas of course) because it falls under the definition of a "public building". Public schools also like to think they can bar CHL holders from carrying on school grounds but the law expressly says that they can. Court facilities are pretty much the only places prohibited in the statute.

Link to ORS 166

ORS 166.360 and 166.370 is where this is defined.

The same is currently happening with the Port of Seattle as well. Being sued for an unofficial weapons ban at SEATAC in violation of state preemption.

Back