AIM's Hi-Power's

Status
Not open for further replies.

Richardson

Inactive
Has anyone received shipment of the FN Hi-Power's currently being sold at AIM???? What's their condition? // Richardson

If you are looking for pretty this is not a pistol for you. The mil spec enamel was chipped off in more than a few places on mine and there are some minor exterior wear marks. But the guts of the pistol that I got were in great shape. I could not find any real wear in the pistol and I don't think more than 500 rounds ever went through it. It has functioned flawlessly in the 600+ rounds that I have run through it and the IWB holster is great. The trigger could be better but it is serviceable. My only complaint is with the sights being dark from grease but a little cleaning and some white paint took care of it. I do not regret the purchase at all and I am tempted to get another for the price.

What kind of price are we talking about and where can I find this place, if you don't mind my asking? Ugly but functional for a low price sounds exactly like what I'm looking for and I LOVE the HP design. I was considering the FEG Hungarian copy but if this is FN quality for a price between the two that would be perfect!

------------------
Don

"Its not criminals that go into schools and shoot children"
--Ann Pearston, British Gun Control apologist and moron

AIM corp is in Ohio and I will have to wait until I get home to send the rest of the info. I paid 250 for the gun a leather IWB holster with a leather mag holster and two high cap mags.

Here's AIM's URL: http://www.aimsurplus.com/ Then click on Pistols. You need to have them sent to your FFL (I know one that lives halfway between us, in Spring Valley), the package costs $249.95 (plus shipping, tax, ffl charges). Another pistol to look at on that page is the Makarov. It's a VERY reliable pistol, and the 9x18M ammunition is available cheap if you mail order it. Where do you shoot? // Richardson

I just called AIM the other day and they are sold out of the Hi Power for about three weeks. I left my name and number for them to call me when they get the next shipment in. Are the Pro Mag hi caps worth getting, I think they are 14.99 each in Shotgun News. What kind of groups are you able to shot with your Hi Power Keeper? I cant decide if I want a Hi Power or a CZ 75. Which do you think would be more acurate?

Reclino

Reclino.

I can make one ragged hole with it at 7yds. At 15yds it shoots around 3 inch groups but that is the same with my glock and other pistols so that is me being a bad shot and not the gun. I have not bench tested it.

I got one of their Hi-Powers last month and to say it looked shabby would be a complement. I got the last one they had at the time and almost shipped it back. The enamel was so badly chipped and scratched it looked as though it had been drug behind a car for a couple of miles. There was a lot of dirt & gunk in the interior. But...I decided to use it as a project gun. I bead blasted it and it came out looking great. Then I refinished it with Brownells bake on Moly-Teflon finish and it looked brand new. It shoots very nice, though the trigger pull is pretty stiff. I'll probably get a spring kit. The holster was held together with tape and I tossed it. All in all, I'm pleased.

------------------
Dorsai
Personal weapons are what raised mankind out of the mud, and the rifle is the queen of personal weapons. The possession of a good rifle, as well as the skill to use it well, truly makes a man the monarch of all he surveys.
-- Jeff Cooper, The Art of the Rifle

Dorsai
When you did the Brownells finish did you just blast and finish the major external parts such as slide, frame, triger, and hammer, and then leave the original finish on the close tolerance internal parts. Or did you blast and finish every single part. I am interested in using this finish on the one I am waiting on if it turns out to be really ugly.
reclino

Reclino,
Wasn't ignoring you, I've just been out of town awhile. I stripped it down completely and cleaned all the parts. Finish on the internal parts was pretty good so I didn't refinish them at all. A couple of the small parts had some rust and I did them as well. I did the frame, slide, hammer, trigger, safety, slide stop and mag release.

------------------
Dorsai
Personal weapons are what raised mankind out of the mud, and the rifle is the queen of personal weapons. The possession of a good rifle, as well as the skill to use it well, truly makes a man the monarch of all he surveys.
-- Jeff Cooper, The Art of the Rifle

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back