AIM Customer Service

Hays

I've had some bad luck with some Makarovs I've ordered recently from AIM Surplus, but I'm happy to report that they can still count me as a loyal customer. I originally ordered one of their EG Maks. It routinely failed to fire (at least once per magazine). I thoroughly cleaned the pistol including the firing pin channel and tried again with the same result. I called Bryan at AIM. He said to send it in, and he would replace it with one of the Bulgarians (they were out of the EG's). Since all I wanted a reliable shooting pistol, I was fine with this.

The next pistol I received had a slightly bent frame, where someone had hammered some X's into the frame to cover some of the markings (directly behind the slide stop). I called Bryan again, and he said he would personally go in the back and select me a replacement. I asked if he would cover my shipping, since this was my second return. He offered to ship ammo to cover the cost. The 3rd pistol arrived last week and looks brand new. I've fired about 60 rounds without a problem. True to his word, Bryan sent enough ammo to cover the cost of my shipping.

I will always chose to do business with a company like AIM that stands behind it's product. I wish more places had customer service like this.

Yes, I agree with you. I have purchased a number of firearms from AIM (No. 4 MKI Enfield, Kar.98k Mauser, Romanian SKS, SAR-1 AKM variant) and have always been 100% pleased with the quality of their product, the courteousy extended to me over the phone, the reasonable prices, and their timely shipping.

AIM is one of the few businesses out there that doesn't act like they are doing you a favor by letting you buy their products.

Aim is also honest with their assessment of the condition of their guns.With most dealers you should go down one grade from what they say(SOG especially).:)

I've ordered maybe 15 guns froma AIM in the past couple of years (AKs, Makarovs, Mausers, PA-63s, and various others). I agree with the others here. They have made an occasional mistake and I received one gun that was a little rougher than I expected, but AIM has always been very willing to make it right. I think they are honest folks, and they are always a pleasure to do business with. I'm not an FFL holder, but I order though one, and now that they have his FFL, I can just call, order what I want, give them my credit card number, and thy ship the guns to my dealer. I think the quality of their guns is probably about the same as the others (mostly Century imports) - although maybe they do get a little higher quality in some cases. But their service and integrity are outstanding. I recommend them highly.

Doug

Back