AIM 9mm High Power

reclino

Inactive
Ok I just went today and did the paper work on my first Handgun. I got one of the surplus FN high-powers from AIM surplus. I paid the extra bucks and got a "hand select" gun. It looks great, no rust on it at all, the paint is worn and chipped in a few spots but still looks good.
I ordered an extra magazine with the gun so it came with three. Two are black parkerized with three witness holes on the back and one is black teflon painted no witness holes on the back. The front of the painted magazine is marked BELGIUM - 9mm NATO/LUGER. Is this third magazine made by FN or is is an aftermarked mag??? All the mags look new except that the Blueing on the baseplates is wearing on the edges.
I am very happy with the gun, and am having a hard time with the 48 hour waiting period that is required here in Alabama.

reclino,

Out of curiosity, when did you order your Hi-Power? After reading about this deal here on TFL, I got in touch with AIM to order one (for the price, it is pretty hard to pass up). They responded that they were out and unsure of future shipments. Wondering if you have an info on them.

Congrats. Sounds like a cool deal.

------------------
Best,
- Jawper

RECLINO,you are haveing a hard time with the 48 hour waiting period???!!! I would love to have a 48 hour waiting period. I HAVE TO WAIT
11 Day!!!!!!!!
Dont complane your LUCKy :)

Well waiting sucks, even two days is tough when you feel the need to run out to the range right now and shoot. I have been waiting for over a month now for this pistol to arive. I called AIM the last week of October about the High Power and got put on the waiting list for their last shipment. The gun arived at the dealer on Tuesday, just had time today to go over on my lunch break and do the paperwork.
What bothers me is I think that this third magazine is not made by FN, it has a Black teflon painted finish instead of the black parkerized finish of the other two mags. Plus its spring is shorter than the other two. I want to know before I call AIM if it is made by FN or not.

The factory mags are made by MecGar so one of yours may be an Israeli made military mag. Don't know if they make them there, but it is possible.

jawper, AIM had an initial shipment a few months ago. They did not last long, only lasted one ad in Shotgun News before they were sold out. They found 400 more. These guns have been sitting in customs for a month or so, but they were pre-sold before they ever arrived at AIM. I think most were sold while they were on the way here before they hit customs.

I got 3 yesterday. The finish is horrible, the triggers are nice . The safety's are the tiny military type. The holsters they came with are even worse and the mag pouches are not much better. All in all I'm pretty happy.

------------------
www.customholsters.com
M/D ENTERPRISES Custom Concealment Holsters
Gunleather so nice it's almost a crime to conceal it
mde@icsi.net

Jeff OTMG,

Thanks for the info. Suppose I'm just too late - bad luck. You've saved me checking their web site every 2 hours to see if they've got a new offer. :) If anybody hears that there are more of these around, give a yell on TFL. Really jealous of you people that were more on the ball than I!!! :)

------------------
Best,
- Jawper

jawper, I saw today on another board that AIM had some people who said they wanted them back out of the deal and that some were available. It would be worth calling on at least.

What is the website for AIM?

Thanx,
Ben

------------------
AOL IM: BenK911
ICQ # 53788523
"Gun Control Is Being Able To Hit Your Target"

Jeff OTMG et al,

Just spoke with "Heath" at AIM. He confirms they have a handful remaining. Note: these are mismatched serial # Hi Powers. To make up for that, they through in another 13 rnd factory mag. Thus, the package is: Hi Power; three mags (one after market and two factory), double mag pouch; and holster. I'm on my way over to my local dealer to get him to send an FFL.

Many thanks Jeff OTMG!!!

------------------
Best,
- Jawper

MarkTHG,
Mine looked pretty horrible as well. I figured somebody tied it to their bumper while driving through Haifa. Anyway, I stripped it down, had the ugly parts bead blasted, and then I refinished it with Brownell's Moly-Teflon and it came out looking like new. I can use the mag pouch, but the holster went in the trash.

------------------
Dorsai
Personal weapons are what raised mankind out of the mud, and the rifle is the queen of personal weapons. The possession of a good rifle, as well as the skill to use it well, truly makes a man the monarch of all he surveys.
-- Jeff Cooper, The Art of the Rifle

I ordered one BHP from AIM, Inc. Thursday (12/16/99) for $249 plus something like $20 for priority air UPS shipping.

Linda at AIM, Inc. told me that the latest batch had mismatched serial numbers (apparently there are 3 numbers on the gun) per jawper. I still think it is a superdeal and I ordered additional Belgian high capacity mags for $22/each.

I will post a report here when I get it next week as to the condition.

Shutoku

[This message has been edited by Shutoku Shia (edited December 18, 1999).]

Back