Aguila mini buckshot shells

DukeConnor

I have been trying to find these things for awhile. Everywhere i look is sold out. Does anyone know where they can be found ?

Selway Armory has them available. Download ammo seek for your tablet/smart phone, excellent tool to find where ammo is available.
Don't forget the mini-she'll adapter for the feed ramp. It runs between 15 and 20 dollars and allows you to reliably run the short shells.

Last edited:
I bought some at my local gun shop last year, and hated them!!!
Wouldn't cycle through any of my pumps (Winchester, Remington, or Mossberg) without problems. Shot them in my H&R single shot and old Stevens 311, and they were a dirty round that left unburned powder in the barrel.

I know everyone's excited about shooting them in the Shockwave and all..........but if you can't stand shooting standard 12 ga. powered rounds, time to get a 20ga.

Just my 2¢

Thanks Targa.

I do have the miniclip. Its 10 bucks and takes 10 seconds to installl. Not much of a modification.

Someday when I become more manly i'll just shoot 3" highbrass. Until then I want to try the mini's.

I’ve heard that they work in the KSG... anyone know if they do in an Ithaca 37?

I keep the Ithaca as a backup to my 870 Police, but also for my girlfriend to use it. But it is a four shot tube, so leaves a lot to be desired. If I can get six or so of those in there, I might try to find a few boxes and see how they shoot (see if she has any issues with them).

Currently load Remington Reduced Recoil 00, but a few extra shots in the magazine might be a little reassuring.

I've always wondered the same thing about the Aguila minishells in the Ithaca shotguns. I have a theory that bottom ejector shotguns should work with the shorter shells because ejection is so easy to achieve as gravity is working with you.

Screwball, I think you're just going to have to be a guinea pig and test it out yourself. Report your results of course :D

"Someday when I become more manly i'll just shoot 3" highbrass."

I would advise against it....................based on my personal experience.

An excellent alternative is the Italian Nobelsport 2 1/4 inch 00 buckshot loads.

These are still about 2 inch long unfired, but have 6 pellets of 00 buckshot at about 1250 fps.

I usually find them at J&G Sales and Cheaper Then Dirt for around $8.50 or so a box of 10, which is usually much cheaper then the Aguilla.

I bought some at my local gun shop last year, and hated them!!!
Wouldn't cycle through any of my pumps (Winchester, Remington, or Mossberg) without problems. Shot them in my H&R single shot and old Stevens 311, and they were a dirty round that left unburned powder in the barrel.

I know everyone's excited about shooting them in the Shockwave and all..........but if you can't stand shooting standard 12 ga. powered rounds, time to get a 20ga.

Just my 2¢
20 gauge? Why shoot such heavy recoiling buckshot loads! There are a number of 2.75" 12 gauge buckshot loads that recoil less.

Back