Aguila 22 LR ammo . . . ?

Prof Young

Is it my imagination or does Aguila ammo have an occasional less powerful load? As in "bang, bang, bang, pop, bang, bang." Not so soft that I fear a squib but noticeable.

Life is good
Prof Young

I bought a 5000 round case of their super velocity copper plated 40 grain. And shot all of it over a five month period with zero problems. Just perfect. Then I bought a second 5000 round case of the exact same stuff and I'm about 3/4 of the way through it and I've had less consistent groups and a few rounds that were underpowered (probably less than 10). So this last batch has not been of equal quality. But still it's very good ammo. And I'll keep buying it.

I've always had very good luck with their Rifle Match ammo performing very well in my CZ452 for the cost. I bought a couple boxes marked 40 gr. subsonic that I'm hoping I'll continue to have good luck with. That's about all I can comment on.

I've always liked it. I have a Colt Rail Gun (actually Walther) that's kind of picky. Two things it doesn't have problems with are CCI and Aguila.

Back