Aftermarket sights for lever actions...

antenna

What are some of the better aftermarket sights for lever actions. I'm about to buy a Marlin brush gun in .45/70, but the iron sights from the factory are atrocious. Any ideas?

Antenna, the Williams FoolProof receiver sights are good. As are the Lyman. I'm not sure but I think you could also put an Ashley Clifton ghost ring on it. George

The factory irons on lever actions give a very short sight radius, practically that of a handgun. Any peep or tang sight will solve that problem nicely. I've used both Lyman and Williams peeps over the years, right now at least 5 guns here wear them.

I have 3 rifles with Williams sights on them, 2 levers and a Mini-14. No complaints at all with the lever sight design. For the Mini I have one - you have to unscrew the aperture to adjust the elevation. And with the Mini, you have to do that a lot more frequently than with most any other gun on earth. But the Williams is still infinitely better than the POS Ruger puts on it at the factory.

Ashley Outdoors makes a wonderful set of sights for the 45-70. I just put a set on about a month ago. It is much cleaner than the Willliams and there is some risk to your eye with a tang sight in a rifle of this recoil.

Back