Aftermarket Mini-14 mags

JoeW

Inactive
What is the best aftermarket mag for the Mini-14? I don't own one yet and am trying to pick up some hi-caps.

I have already purchased two Eagle 35rndrs. I have seen ads on Gunbroker for Precision, and Federal Ordinace, both saying that they are the best.

Any experience with these mags??
Thanks in advance!!

The best is a factory Ruger, if you can find one. Barring that, the only other ones with which I have experience are PMI, KKK and USA. The only one worth buying is the PMI. The other two brands are junk. If you buy these, you'll spend most of your time trying to get them to fit and/or feed. Out of the ten that I bought only 5 worked, and all had stoppages. I have 5 PMI's which all fit and feed without problems. The only drawback with the PMI's are that the feed lips are not hardened, and bend easily if dropped. Hope this helps.
Mike

I agree with Ironmike , use either factory or Precision [PMI] . I have never had trouble with the PMI Mini 14 Mags . Good luck , Mike...

Ive had both good and bad luck with just about every brand of mag for my Mini.

Yes, I even have a 40 rd USA mag :o (which is supposed to be junk) and it works perfectly.

Wherever you buy 'em, just make sure they will refund your money (or exchange it and/or give you credit) if it doesnt work properly.

------------------
Mark Hannah
Web Page Design
Surplus Electronics

Back