Aftermarket Metal Glock mags

Redlg155

Fellow Shooters,

I have always purchased factory Glock magazines for use in my pistols, but I have seen aftermarket mags that are made of metal. I have heard of some people saying that the metal mags will "eat" at your magazine catch.

1. Is this True?

2. Is there an aftermarket metallic mag catch that I can install to remedy this problem, and if so, will this metallic catch "eat" at my factory glock mags?

Thanks
REd

My 1911 is the only pistol I will feed aftermarket mags. I don't think it is worth risking in anything else.

Not all

The Ramline mags for Glock have a plastic piece in place on the mag to engage the mag catch. They work okay for me, but they're not what I have in the gun when it's being carried for defense. I don't think it'd be a big to-do to replace a worn mag catch, but I haven't done it.

USA metal Glock mags...

Not only is there the mag catch issue, but I've found they have appalling levels of "slop" in them when stuffed in the mag well. The only shooter I know that still uses them is using one to induce surprise malfunctions for practicing clearance drills. He says it turns his otherwise stone-reliable G19 into a one or two jam per magazine nightmare.

Thanks for the Replies folks!

I think I'll stick to Glock Factory mags, price wise, they aren't much more for peace of mind.

Good Shooting
RED

the ramline G17 mags work well for me.

sometimes they won't lock the slide back after the last round, but they feed great.

oh,.... they drop free, too. every time. :)

Back