aftermarket bbls for the USP45FS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mikie

I plan on purchasing a conventionally rifled barrel with full chamber support for my USP45. This is specifically to be used to fire 45 Super. My USP45 works flawlessly with a variety of factory and reloaded ammo. However with the stock barrel and some +P loads there is significant bulging at the 6 O'clock position, thus my need for an aftermarket barrel. Does anyone have any recommendations(Jarvis, Barsto?). Note, I tried a deal of a barrel from Olympic(only $65 for a 5" stainless) but it was not fully supported or reliable. I returned it for a refund.

Thanks in advance, guys.

------------------

BarSto makes an excellent drop in or fitted barrel that has guaranteed accuracy. The conventionally rifled barrel allows use of lead bullets, and the fit is excellent. BarSto claims <2" groups at 25 yards w/ this barrel.

Jarvis makes excellent barrels too. I had a couple for my USP40 which performed as advertised.

Tim
http://www.streetpro.com
Street Smart Professional Equipment

Time out!!!
I thought that the UPS is already designed to handle 45 Super, no modifications. The only real gain is the ability to fire lead bullets through the after market barrel. Hey, I maybe wrong, but always have thought that Springfield, S&W and HK are build to handle these extra hot loads. My gun dealer has a UPS Match in stock and the only reason I am considering is the ability to us 45 Super.

Robert

Robert

I also have heard and believe that the USP45 is one of the only stock guns that can handle the 45 Super. However, unlike my USP40C, the 45 stock barrel is unsupported in the 6 O'clock position. In firing Triton Hi-Vel 45 +P 185 JHPs I found that about half of the spent shells had a significant bulge which I would not reload, except for possibly light target loads. I clocked the Triton Hi-Vels at very close to their advertised 1150 fps. The Triton 45 Super with a 185 JHP is supposed to be about 1250 fps. I want to reload 45 Super brass and shoot this cartridge on a regular basis, though not as much as standard 45 ACPs, so I want a fully supported barrel to extend brass life and to add an extra margin of safety. I also want the option of an extended barrel which I could port later if I choose. I have never fired Factory new 45 Super ammo in my USP, but certainly believe the once-fired brass would not be suitable for reloading without an aftermarket barrel.

------------------

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back