After spending years launching products for others, I designed a gun shaped door knob

Status
Not open for further replies.

gunilab

Inactive
Hello to everyone!

I allow myself to post here as a lot if not all the people are gun enthusiast!
After spending more than 2 years into helping young product designers launch their products, and as a fan of the firearm industry, I wanted to give back to these communities :)

(FYI: I’m NOT selling anything, just looking for feedbacks to anyone who might enjoy this product idea)

So I started designing a door handle/knob that looks like a gun grip (pulling the trigger open the door), but before giving the design to the manufacturer and people, I wanted to make sure I was on the right path, by actually co-create this product with other passionate like you.

If you are interest to know more and help us design the most appropriate product, you can do so here: http://bit.ly/gunilab

I hope you will like it, and I am at your disposal if you have any questions!

Thank you so much, have a wonderful day :)
GUNILAB-CARRE_chspqf.jpg

THAT is freaking cool!

Might I suggest incorporating a faux cylinder release into a knob locking mechanism, or cocking the hammer locks the door? Maybe a bit late in the design to do now, but version 2.0?

Hello 2wheelwander,

Thank you for your comment :)

Yes, it is completely possible to make that for the V2!!
On this version, the safety button is used to lock the door! but cocking the hammer could be feasible for later!

Thank you again

Last edited by a moderator:
Uhhh, no. I want a doorknob to open a door, not trap my finger in a trigger guard. Form follows function. And to my eye it's either childish or bubba; same thing I guess.

I find this in extremely poor idea (have yet to come up with the right word)

It violates everything about gun safety not to mention younger minds thinking its normal to have a gun pointing at someone on either side of a door. I take gun safety seriously as well as the severe misuse guns have been put to all too often.

Its an idea whose time should not have come.

Uhhh, no. I want a doorknob to open a door, not trap my finger in a trigger guard. Form follows function. And to my eye it's either childish or bubba; same thing I guess.
Hello Burrhead,

Thank you for your comment!
I completely understand your point of view!

I on my side want to offer a new approach to opening door to several communities :)

Have a great day

I find it a bit on the "novelty side", maybe for a gun cabinet or in the loading room, but certainly not on a door used by everyone in the household. JMO

It's a "neat" idea but I would market it for the man cave and not a regular door handle. Might even be a good idea for a gun safe.

Other than that its definitely a good idea and you should try to bring it to market.

I have no problem with it,,,
I'm just wondering about it's sturdiness.

I looks like it might break off fairly easy with a lateral bump.

But I like it and would love to have it on my man cave door.

Aarond

Hello jpx2rk, 50 shooter and Aarond,

Thank you very much for your comments,

I understand that it could be badly seen by other if it is placed anywhere. It is therefore free to anyone to place it where he wants.

For the sturdiness, the product will be dependent to the rosette and made in 100% of brass to ensure a solid and high-end knob in case of shock.

Thank you again

If you want a gun shaped item for a door knob, perhaps just a revolver cylinder, complete with shiny brass head stamps showing- the cylinder flutes will give a good grip to turn the handle, it shows the passion, and doesn't teach bad habits. Of course, putting that on an OUTSIDE door invites thugs and crook to break in as this is a gun guy's house!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back