After Market Mags for My P226

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oscar

I need some additional mags for my Sig P226 (9mm). I have read many positive TFL reports on Mec-Gar mags (as well as the factory mags). Have also read quite a few negatives on Pro Mags. Are there any other reliable (with a capital R) after-market mags out there? AJAX sells USA Mags, and they claim they are pretty good (rarely returned). Some have very high (up to 20 round) capacity, and they cost less than the factory 10-rounders. Any advice?

Thanks much,
Oscar

USA and Promags are OK for range use,maybe you will get lucky and find some that are reliable. But for defensive duty I would stick with the factory mag or MecGar mag G.R.

MecGar are on par with original SIG mags. In fact, they make a lot of the newer "original" mags for SIG. I have an older MecGar for my SIG 226 that holds 17 and it has not given me trouble yet.

Oscar,
Somewhere amongst my boxes of goodies, I know that I have an original Sig 15 rd. mag for a 226. Send me a quick e-mail with your address to usafspsac@hotmail.com and I'll ship it to you no charge. Consider it an early X-mas gift :).

Thanks all for your input. A special thanks to MissleCop for the generosity. Much appreciated. (I just sent you an e-mail with my Edina, Minnesota address.)

Best regards,

Oscar

Well, I went to the gunshow this weekend at the AstroHall in Houston, Texas. I found lots of "SIG" pre ban hi-cap mags. New for $59.95(in SIG wrappers) and used(which looked almost new)for 49.95. So, if you looking, their out there.

Joe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back