Advise needed Ruger SR-22 - Long or Short Barrel?

triplebike

Hi all, looking for another 22 & I'm leaning towards the Ruger SR22, My LGS has both and they're the same price. Condition of both is excellent. Price is $225 for either one. Anyone have both? Would sure like to hear from some SR22 owners. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

PS- Can't buy both, Married LOL

His and her's maybe? ;).

Other than that - I can't help you out.

I actually would buy both and keep the one I liked the best.

My preference would be the long one. As it is unlikely to require concealment, the longer sight radius should translate to easier hits on target...particularly in the hands of any inexperienced/new shooters who might shoot it.

I owned one with a short barrel briefly; I would recommend going longer. Handling is unchanged and gives improved sight radius.

I have owned both. The longer barrel makes the pistol a bit more accurate. Both models are good for plinking. They are reliable and eat almost any ammo brand. They are great to teach new shooters how to safely handle semiautomatic pistols.

However, I prefer shooting the Ruger Mk IV. It is more accurate hands down. If you test all three models you will certainly like the Mk IV for its solid construction.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back