Advice on Traditions Pursuit

ENC

I have been wanting to get a muzzleloader and was really considering the Pursuit LT. I have read some threads on here that said they weren't that strong especially when using 150gr. charges. I was wondering if that has since changed? Would the heavier steel framed pro version be that much stronger? I understand that I can stick with 100gr. and be fine, however if a rifle is not going to stand up to the claims made by the manufacturer I will probably keep shopping.

Thanks
Evan

The reason I ask is because I am going to Bass Pro next week during their big fall sale. I have $25 store credit and I believe it is time to get into muzzleloading. If anyone has any suggestions for a better gun at about the same $ 200 range, I am open to suggestions

Evan

I just finished re-reading a fairly good report about the Traditions although it did not specify it being a PRO. However, the person did mention the violent recoil with 150 grains of Pyrodex pellets and found the rifle to be more accurate and tolerable with 100 grains instead:

Another individual (Pittsburghhunter - partly edited) wrote this in reponse to a report about an H & R Huntsman:
"I would look into the MDM muzzleloaders I think they use the same receiver as NEF because the guns look identical but they have a breech plug that you just put the primer in and standard threads on the ramrod.

My son's MDM Quickshooter is a heck of a rifle for less than $200. 26" barrel magnum charges can be used and is very accurate. It does have an ugly stock that has a textured non-slip finnish but a good shooting no hassles rifle."

Back