Advice on shoulder rig for 329PD for hiking in bear coountry

DarkRayz

I've decided to buy a 329PD (lightweight 44 mag revolver) for carrying when I hike in CO. I've shot one, it's painful but manageable. I have other .44 mag revolvers also.

Anyone recommend a good specific shoulder rig compatible with a backpack for this gun?

Thanks

Clint

About forty some years ago I had a friend that lived in Alaska for a number of years. He said he was a part time guide for hunters/fishermen on occasion with friends company. He told me he always carried a back-pack and a .44 mag Smith and Wesson revolver in a chest rig.
Like this! https://www.diamonddcustomleather.com/products/guides-choice-chest-holster
* He said the chest rig didn't interfere with the pack and he could draw the four inch barrel smith easily! :D

i have the simply rugged chesty puller for a 4" smith and wesson 69. I like the looks and concept of the el paso tanker holster i think better. it looks to be more versatile placement wise.

I have a M-84 that I can attach to the shoulder strap of my pack and quickly take it off so I can use it as a belt holster when not carrying the pack.

I tried several shoulder and chest rigs for my 329 and settled on the Mernickle cross draw belt rig. I made sure the waist straps worked on my hd fanny pack and my pack frame. A 2 1/2 belt slot did what I needed.
LOVE the 329!!

Thanks for all the info. I'll check out all those holster options.
I reload and loaded up some tame loads for practice with the gun.

C

Back