Advice Needed

E. BeauBeaux

I will be shooting in a 3 gun match on the 24th. This will be my first so anyone that has gone through this and can offer some pointers it would be appreciated. I'll be using a SA 1911A1, Remington 870 Police mag [8 shot] and AR15 M4 with OKO sight. Thank's for the help. The IDPA Match is before the 3 gun match, so I'll be tired but smiling.

Just like any other type match...Watch the Gamers.. They are the guys who know how to do every trick through the stages. Watch where they shoot from and which target they engage in what order. 3 gun is not really any different than uspsa or IDPA. Make sure to have your ammo for the rifle and shotgun stages easily accessible. You dont want to fumble through your pockets trying to find more shells. Good luck.

You can never, Never, NEVER miss fast enough!

Shoot for hits first, worry about time second.

FRONT SIGHT!!

And think about your ammo situation between stages.

That OKO sight is a dot, right? If so, you will be in open class for the whole match, and because of your pistol and shotgun, you will be at a serious disadvantage. Does your AR also have iron sights (detachable carry handle, maybe)? If so, that might be a better way to go.

If you are out just to have fun and learn, then don't worry about it. Have a great time!

Back