Advice for shooting a G43

samuel990

Inactive
Any general advice for shooting one? I found a great deal on a DUV 44. Its mismatched serial numbers, and comes with a shooters kit. Any advise on ammo loads, commercial or hand loaded, or things to watch out for when shooting?

First step is the Shooter's Kit. You got that, so now strip the gun and make sure everything fits, works, and is not damaged. Put in a new set of springs. I would avoid Turkish and any other known hot ammo, and I personally only run non-corrosive in my G43.
Shoot a few rounds, watch how far it throws the brass, and the condition of the fired cases.
Enjoy.

FWIW, duv was Berliner-Leubecker Maschinen Fabrik, Leubeck plant.

The G.43 is not especially ammunition sensitive; any issue 7.9 ammo or equivalent "8x57JS" should work fine. If the rifle still has the stamped receiver hole cover (the little tab about 1x3 inches), I suggest removing it before firing; those things often get in wrong and are bent up in firing. Note that almost all WWII era ammo (and a lot of post-war) will be corrosive, meaning the rifle must be well cleaned after firing, with special attention to the gas tube and piston.

Jim

FWIW, duv was Berliner-Leubecker Maschinen Fabrik, Leubeck plant.

The G.43 is not especially ammunition sensitive; any issue 7.9 ammo or equivalent "8x57JS" should work fine. If the rifle still has the stamped receiver hole cover (the little tab about 1x3 inches), I suggest removing it before firing; those things often get in wrong and are bent up in firing. Note that almost all WWII era ammo (and a lot of post-war) will be corrosive, meaning the rifle must be well cleaned after firing, with special attention to the gas tube and piston.

Jim
Thanks for the help. I was not planning on using corrosive ammo, as it seems like a pain to clean the gas system. The one thing I don't know, is where and what exactly is the stamped receiver hole cover? Any pictures?

Back