Advice 84 vs 85 Beretta

JJ45

Single vs double stack...does anyone own both or have experience with both?

Which one do you like and why...is there that much difference in concealability between the two?...Thanks, JJ

I currently own the double stack version. It is the gold standard of .380’s IMHO. A little bigger than most other .380’s, but it is a very “shootable” pistol. And accuracy is great. It is about 1/4 inch wider in the grip than the single stack version.

I have an 81 double stack 32 and an 85. The 85 is quite a bit slimmer. Both are great guns. Good luck

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

I own both the 85 and 84.
The thinner 85 fits my hands better than the 84 and the 85is the main carry for that reason.

In an absolute sense, the 84 is not overly fat. But in the hand, it does strike me as *relatively* fat for a such an otherwise trim, well-proportioned and beautiful design. It's not a huge issue, but I do notice it.

Most of this is due to the factory grips. The slim G10 grips from LOK transform the grip of the 84 to something that feels very close to perfect.

For me, anyway. Everyone has their own take. But if you end up with the 84 and find yourself thinking the grip seems fat, a very effective fix is available.

I can't speak as to the 85 but I do have a very nice 64 - picked it up a couple years ago - a vintage one that was literally new in the box - my one and only Beretta. My hands are not huge and the double stack does feel "fat" to me for want of a better word> BUT, I have quickly grown accustomed to it and while I do like my CCW a bit thinner - I would NEVER part with it. A very high quality 380 - a good range and woods gun to carry OWB. I have carried it OWB under a shirt or coat tail and it's "doable" for me. If I ever run across a single stack, I would love to have one to go with my 84.

Back