Adjusting fixed sights

MountainGun44

My Glock 19 has fixed tritium night sights. The rear sight seems to have drifted to the point where I am hitting to the left of my point of aim. What is the best procedure for adjusting "non-adjustable" sights? What tools? How do I know how hard to whack the rear sight? How do I keep the sight from "drifting" again?

Thanks

I think I would take it to a local range and see if they have the tool to push the rear sight over.I have seen a lot of guns dinged up by someone trying to adjust sights.If you must do it yourself use a brass drift against the sight and tap on that.
Most sights do not drift.If the sight is that loose it will be easy to move.Are you sure you haven't changed something?Ammo? maybe your grip?Have you bagged it to make sure the sight is off?
Check first and go from there.
Good luck

------------------
beemerb
We have a criminal jury system which is superior to any in the world;
and its efficiency is only marred by the difficulty of finding twelve men
every day who don't know anything and can't read.
-Mark Twain

"Whacking" may be OK for standard fixed, but it's GUARANTEED to destroy a tritium sight. The capsules can't take that kind of punishment. Get someone with a proper sight pusher to move it for you if it needs adjustment.

That's right, if you "whack" a night sight, you will probably break it. Have it drifted with a pusher. Just a note... Sight pushers are mostly pretty salty, however, B-SQUARE makes a decent pusher for the Glock for around $30. And if you own other handguns, you can purchase seperate "bottom plates" for it to convert it to that gun. I know they make plates for the 1911, Sig, Ruger and Glock. For about $50 you can adjust the sights on all of your handguns. These pushers are not the best on the market, but they work just fine for a private gun owner, and they are great in the range bag!

CJB

------------------
" I SHOOT BACK! "

I use the MGW Glock Rear Sight Tool, which I acquired from Brownell's for $54. If your sight is centered on the slide, and not visably to the left of center, then it's probably not your sight.

If you do have to move the sight and want to keep it from moving post-adjustment, just put a little 242 Loctite in the dovetail.

Back