Adjustable sights on Browning HP

QA Commando

I want to put some sights on a Browining HP MK III. I'm looking at low profile adjustable models as are made by Pachmayr, Mec-Gar, and Millet so I can use the factory front sight. Does anyone have any experience with these? What is their quality and are there any problems with using this method to get an adjustable sight?

I BELIEVE that the Pachmayr and Mec-Gar are essentially the same sight...both made in Italy by LPA, IIRC...don't believe that the "low-profile" Millett will work without machining the slide, and the "target" Millett requires a higher front sight, I believe...the LPA sights should work with the existing front sight just fine....mikey357

Art Leckie in Pipersville, PA also does superb BHP work along with Bo-Mars milled low in the slide for protection fairly reasonably. They look so good in his catalog color photos makes me wish had opted for them on a .40 BHP that turned out to be stellar in terms of accuracy along with the fact that Bo-Mars can now be had with a Bar-Tritium rear sight blade. 215/766-8681, Fax: -0913 FWIW, It is worth getting his catalog just for the write-up & photo of the "Mini-BHP Conversion" he does. Slide winds up 1" shorter, 5/8" cut from grip and "Standard" mags cut to 10 rnds. & fit.

Back