Adjustable sights for Vaguero?

The Fat Man

Let me start by saying that I'm not asking this for myself...I have better sense than to mess up a pretty gun.

A friend asked me if anyone made adjustable sights that could be adapted to a Vaquero. It's got a soldered-in sight up front, so any new front sight would have to be abloe to slip over the old sight...that's what HE'S got in his mind, anyway.

Any help, guys?

an adjustable sighted vanquaro--- thats a blackhawk.

he should just pick a load and then adjust the front sight, ie file it down and adjust it left or right. NO such thing as an aftermarket adjustable front sight for the vanquero that I know of, and if it isn't in brownells it doesn't exist.

go retro

since he's determined to fuss with a purpose built gun anyway, he can make the modification they used on old SAA...install a s&w K or L frame sight

The point of the matter is...

...that any such modification would probably cost not too much less than a used Blackhawk. As was pointed out above, that's all a Vaquero is, anyway; a Blackhawk with fixed sights. One may as well ask "How to convert a cartridge conversion revolver to cap 'n' ball?"

Why not just sell the Vaquero and buy a Blackhawk? Would be much simpler and probably a lot cheaper too.

Why would one want to adjust any factory Ruger sight?

Vaquero sights ARE adjustible. All you need is a pair of pliers and a file. You say your Vaquero shoots too low? Just file a little off the top of the front sight. Oh, you say it shoots too far to the right?? Just take your pliers and bend the front sight to the right. That's how our ancestors did it anyway ;)

Back