Adjustable rear site for EAA Witness 45

plateshooter

I just purchased a EAA Witness 45 with the fixed rear site. I would like to put an adjustable on it. The slide has the dovetail cut close to the rear of the slide, and some of the replacement sites have the dove tail twards the front of the site, which would cause the site to hang over the rear of the slide. Has anyone put an adjustable on one of these guns, and what kind did you use?
Thanks for your replies

------------------
Good shootin to ya
Plateshooter

Plateshooter, the MMC is a nice sight for the Witness. I've put it on a couple of pistols for customers. It isn't much bigger than the factory sight. The others, Bo-Mar, Mec-Gar, etc. I always install as melded to the slide. George

Thanks for the reply George. Could you tell me where I might be able to purchase the MMC site? I will try to find a MMC web site. What does melded to the slide mean?
Thanks

------------------
Good shootin to ya
Plateshooter

Brownells carries the complete line of MMC sights. They also carry a ton of parts for the Witness, including: frames, slides, barrels, comps, caliber conversion kits, triggers, etc. Below is a link to thier searchable web catalog. -- Kernel

www.brownells.com

[This message has been edited by Kernel (edited December 18, 1999).]

Back