Adjustable Night Sights?

Jim Bronson

Does anyone make *ADJUSTABLE* night sights for semi-auto handguns? There are a plethora of night sights on the market, but I don't see any that are adjustable. Did I miss something?

I've had a little low/no light training and pinpoint accuracy goes out the window. I associate adjustable sights with target work, not defensive shooting, therefor I want sturdy instead of fine sights. Most rear sights are drift adjustable and that's plenty good. But, to each his own.

Last edited:
Personally, Im not a big fan of micro-adjustable sights on handguns. The "fixed" versions work fine for me, as long as they can be zeroed for what I want/need.

That said, "pinpoint" accuracy is still pretty good with night sights (fixed or otherwise) and thats in "all" light, not just darkness. Thats the big advantage to them over unlit sights. They work in any light and against most any background. You always have something to use to get a more or less precise POA.

Another secondary advantage with the three-dot type is when used with a suppressor. You dont need the larger suppressor type sights to "see over", as you can "shoot through" the suppressor using the three dot alignment. And they dont even have to be night sights to do this. Anything with something that can give you a clear, vertical and horizonal alignment witll do.

They are out there. I used to think adjustable would be better and for some guns I agree, but for service type handguns fixed sights work well, you just have to make sure you get the right height and you can still adjust the rear for windage. Usually there's not that much difference in point of impact.

Purchased Truglo night sights that cost about $140. Very disappointed. I feel like fiber optic sights are what I should have gotten.

A few years ago, I got a good price on a used Les Baer Premier II with standard rear, millet-style adjustable sights and a front, tritium night sight. I personally didn't like the combo. A little harder to see the front sight in the daytime and who shoots bullseye in the dark? Easy to black out the front sight, though. If you are using it for defensive purposes, there are better options for night sights, IMO.

Ever shoot in less than perfect light, especially against a dark background with black sights?

Night sights arent just for "night". ;)

AK103K,

I've qualified under every condition known to God.

Dark of night is a God-given tactical advantage. Use it to hightail it out of a deadly confrontation while calling cops. They're professionals with specialized equipment to resolve midnight marauders.

When qualifying in complete darkness, it was all about conditioned response point shooting with minimal use of a flashlight. It's a darn good idea to move after using a flashlight because a bad guy who wants you reduced to evidence of murder and autopsied the following morning will know where to shoot.

Night sights don’t work against a dark background unless you yourself are in a location dark enough to see the glow from the tritium. That said I agree there are lower light situations where night sights can certainly be handy, such as parking lots, and shooting from a darkened area into a lit area.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back