Adjustable gas block for suppressed?

TrueBlue711

So I bought my suppressor...now the waiting game. In the meantime, I'm wondering if I need to make modifications in preparation for it. My SCAR already has adjustments for suppressed, but my 300 Blackout (10.5" barrel; pistol length gas tube) has a standard gas block. Someone mentioned I should get an adjustable gas block on it if I suppress it, but I'm curious if it's really needed or just a waste of time/money. Anybody have experience running suppressors on both kinds of gas blocks?

My 300's(2x) have carbine gas and are significantly under gassed in normal use. One is running a "light weight" BCG with the adjustable gas block full open. I don't run the can with the LW BCG. The one I use the can on has a standard block, BCG, and buffer and works like a champ.
I'd say try it and see how it works. Maybe you can get by w/o a different gas block. Set screw type blocks get crudded up real quick using a can. I did see a design that "vents" excess gas instead of limiting the amount of gas allowed into the gas tube. Supp[osed to prevent clogging of the adjustment screw. Problem is that sort of defeats the idea of quiet.

Back