Adjust the Trigger Pull of Dan Wesson

Horizon_Seeker

Anyone knows how to adjust the trigger pull on a Dan Wesson M15? I want to lighten it a little, it's about 14 lbs right now.

thanks

david.

Something is WRONG with that Danny...

i have owned 3 Dan Wessons, and still have 2... (dad wanted his old one back, when I found a second model 15)

mine, in DOUBLE action, only pull 5.5 to 6 lbs... and in SA mode, pull about 2.5... and both are only "wear lapped"

(the one Dad has is a tuned target revolver now)

Best advice - take it to a pistolsmith, and have him look it over!

might just be dirt... or the thing's been tuned by a moron...

good luck, and let me know what happens to it!

I too have a model 44 with a very slick trigger & it's been lightly abused and very used,still the slickest trigger I've ever squeezed.

If bought used there is no telling what the previous owner or gunsmith has done to it...some things I've learned the hard (expensive) way....I'd let a smith look at it.

Thanks for the replies.

I bought it used about 2 years ago, being my only revolver, didn't think much of the pull,my other handgun is a 1911 with a really light pull.

Joe:

Good direction, but I don't think I'm quite mechanically inclined to put it back together after taking it apart. I think I might just send it out to a gunsmith to have it tuned.

david.

14 lbs is very high or Massachusetts compliant.

Couple of things to look for prior to a trip to the smith.
1- Check the cylinder to barrel fit. It should be between .002 to .006 inches. Hold the gun up to the light and watch the gap as the cylinder rotates. Look for any rubbing around the barrel. If there is you will have to reseat the barrel. Easy job if you've got the wrench.
2- As this is a used gun the the cylinder to crane area may never have been cleaned. If a lot of lead bullets were fired there is a tendancy for junk to accumulate in this area and literally gum up the works. In order to clean, first remove the sideplate, (Joe was good enough to explain), and unscrew the ejector rod from the cylinder. Disassemble the cylinder crane assembly and give it a good cleaning. Look for a burr or scoring as well. If this area was really dirty you'll notice an immediate improvement.
3- While the sideplate is off, give the action a good blast of Gun Scrubber followed by your favorite lubricant.
Don't know if this helps, it's actually a lot easier than it sounds.
Good luck and let us know how you make out and what the problem was.
Take Care

Back