• Anything ‘published’ on the web is viewed as intellectual property and, regardless of whether it displays a copyright symbol or not, is therefore copyrighted by the originator. The only exception to this is if there is a “free and unrestricted reuse” statement associated with the work.

In order to protect our members and TFL from possible litigation, all members must abide by the following new rules:

1. Copying and pasting entire articles from another site to TFL is strictly prohibited. The same applies to articles from print or other media, and to posting photographs taken of copyrighted pages or other media.

2. Copyright law provides for “fair use” of portions of a copyrighted work. You can copy no more than a SINGLE paragraph from the article to your post (3 or 4 sentences at most).

3. You must provide a link to the article along with the name of website. For example: ww.xxx.yyy/zzz (The Lower Thumbsuck Daily News).

4. You must provide, in your own words, a brief summary of the article AND your reasons for believing it will be of interest to TFL members. Failure to do so may result in the thread being closed or your post being deleted as a “cut and paste drive by.”

5. Photographs and other images are also copyrighted. "Hotlinking" of images (so that it appears in your message) from other sites is also prohibited unless you own rights to the image. If you wish to share an image, provide a clickable link to it.

Posts that do not follow these new guidelines will be altered or deleted by staff. Members who continue to violate this policy may lose their posting privileges at TFL.

Thank you for your cooperation and your participation in TFL, the leading online forum for firearms enthusiasts.

Adding something that might be worthwile

walkin' man

TFL will always be my favorite gun spot on the net, but AR15 is a close second, even though I have never posted there. One of the main atractions on AR15 is the manufactures area, where all (some) of the AR15 manufacturers moderate thier own sections. Bushmasters' factory rep is very active, and that is a GREAT service that AR15 (and BM)provides. It seems we now have at least two, not both manufacturers but business types that have joined TFL recently; Triton ammo and Geared Up!. Having something exactly like AR15 would not work here, but it is a very good idea that should be explored, IMO.

Walkin' Man
We've considered this. However, it turns out to be a real pain to organize and oversee. Additionally, it takes away from our image as a "no strings attached" site.

We welcome the people from Geared Up and Triton as Members, but we're leary of setting up a manufcturer's/retailers section. Recognizing our own myopia, we encourge comments on the subject.
Rich

[This message has been edited by Rich Lucibella (edited July 31, 1999).]

Opening up a manufacturers section is a double edged sword. We're getting cut with both edges on BladeForums.com. We can't realistically provide the same level of service if we don't have some manufacturer representation, but at the same time, where do we draw the line in who get's their own forum? If we have too many, then people leave because the site is too big.

I think Rich has a good approach here, and is handling it the correct way. Personally, I can see a few minor changes that I would make to the site overall, but it's doing well. He's got the right balance so far.

Rich, when you have a chance, please contact me regarding this site and some ideas.

Spark

------------------
Kevin Jon Schlossberg
SysOp and Administrator for BladeForums.com
www.bladeforums.com

Back