• Anything ‘published’ on the web is viewed as intellectual property and, regardless of whether it displays a copyright symbol or not, is therefore copyrighted by the originator. The only exception to this is if there is a “free and unrestricted reuse” statement associated with the work.

In order to protect our members and TFL from possible litigation, all members must abide by the following new rules:

1. Copying and pasting entire articles from another site to TFL is strictly prohibited. The same applies to articles from print or other media, and to posting photographs taken of copyrighted pages or other media.

2. Copyright law provides for “fair use” of portions of a copyrighted work. You can copy no more than a SINGLE paragraph from the article to your post (3 or 4 sentences at most).

3. You must provide a link to the article along with the name of website. For example: ww.xxx.yyy/zzz (The Lower Thumbsuck Daily News).

4. You must provide, in your own words, a brief summary of the article AND your reasons for believing it will be of interest to TFL members. Failure to do so may result in the thread being closed or your post being deleted as a “cut and paste drive by.”

5. Photographs and other images are also copyrighted. "Hotlinking" of images (so that it appears in your message) from other sites is also prohibited unless you own rights to the image. If you wish to share an image, provide a clickable link to it.

Posts that do not follow these new guidelines will be altered or deleted by staff. Members who continue to violate this policy may lose their posting privileges at TFL.

Thank you for your cooperation and your participation in TFL, the leading online forum for firearms enthusiasts.

Adding pics to thread

Try reading this thread.

https://thefiringline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=292842

I know pictures can be added to threads. I've seen it. I've actually done it. But for me it's like pulling teeth. I have to go back to the above thread every single time I want to do it. The info doesn't seem to stick. On the third hand there are several folk here that seemingly effortlessly post photos showing what they are talking about. I have nothing but admiration and respect for their skill.

Good luck.

It isn't hard if you are talking about pics on the net: right click on pic, View Page Info, Copy, then click pic icon in response (looks like a mountain with sun), and paste and post

The original image posted in this thread came in massive. So, I've edited it to show how the size tag's pixel number is used to control the image size following the directions in my post at the bottom of this thread.

The first image is resized to 100 pixels.

101149738_103248_5192B7A42FE3AC68.JPG

This image is resized to 500 pixels, which is a pretty good standard for posting pictures here at TFL.

101149738_103248_5192B7A42FE3AC68.JPG

--Mike Irwin

And PLEASE pay attention to the size of your photos as they import!

Looking at the MASSIVE image you posted, FITASC.

Resizing a picture is as simple as adding [ resize=XX] before the image tag and [ /resize] AFTER the image tag.

The XX represents the size of the picture in pixels. A good number to start with is 500.

So, the whole thing would look like (adding spaces so the tagging shows, do not put the spaces in the tags)

[resize = 500] [ image address from hosting site] [/resize ]

If you're uploading photos to a 3rd party hosting site, like Flickr or Imgur, they will likely give you the option of selecting the size of the photo before you upload it. I always choose the 800x600 option. That seems to work well with all of the forums that I frequent, and the forums do not have to do any resizing of the photo in order to show it.

Here's an example of a photo that I resized to 800x600 when uploading to Imgur:

ldsRFxi.jpg

Last edited:
Back