Added One More .22 To The Collection

mk70ss

Saw this Taurus TX 22 at the local gun store for $275. For a 17 shot, reliable .22 pistol with two mags, I had to take it.

I've loved my TX22. HV ammo works well. Lots of fun at the range. Easy to load and simple to take down to clean. Enjoy your new pistol.

Shot just about every .22lr in mine. Never an issue. I took a gamble when they first came out & hqve loved it. Trigger breaks at 4.25lb

Another happy TX owner here too. I’ve had mine about 10 months and the rest of my 22’s have been on the shelf. Runs every type of ammo I’ve tried except the Winchester self defense round, and the box I had was very inconsistent, ranging from a sharp crack to a wimpy poof.

Just picked up a TX 22 last week and on Saturday, I went through 8 different ammo boxes without a hiccup. Winchester, Federal and CCI bulk ammo all worked without a hitch. Even CCI Quiet worked, but of course, it didn't cycle the action but gave some of the most accurate groups at 10 yards. At 25 yards, I did as well as I've done with any other gun/caliber except for specific target guns. Very happy with the function and accuracy.

I was looking to get a Glock 44, but the gun reviews said that it was picky. Other reviews said the Taurus wasn't picky, even with bulk ammo and that is definitely the case!

I would have never bought another Taurus, but the TX 22 really delivers.

By the way, I loaded the mags like I load all .22LR mags: rim down, leverage into the magazine, stacking as I go. Pulling down on the mag spring was a PITA and there's a technique to that which I didn't care to learn since wedging is quick and works. I didn't see a need to use the loader, just another thing to loose.

I answered in #4 above. Still love my TX and have added the 13 round compact model to my collection. Same reliability and fun in a slightly smaller pistol. TX 16 round mags also fit the Compact model. Either one is a best buy IMHO.

The full size Taurus TX 22 would be my backpack/ survival pack gun. Less than one ounce more then the compact and increased velocity from the 4.1 inch barrel.

They seem to be quite popular and if I was looking for a striker fired .22 semi auto I would consider one, but I prefer my .22 autos to have a hammer for second strike ability.

Back