Add photo to PA license?

Yellowfin

I just got my out of state license in the mail and couldn't be happier except for two things: someone not in PA might doubt its authenticity, and being a thin slip of paper I don't see it holding up as well as perhaps it should for 5 years. I see on the left side of it a box that would have a pic but says Valid Without Photo. Well, you and I know that but perhaps someone elsewhere might not. It it acceptable for me to take a photo, adjust the size to fit, and then laminate it with my PA LTCF? If so anyone got tips for doing it?

I'd check with the issuing authority and not rely on free internet forum advice. It's often worth what it costs. ;)
Both my ME and Nh permits have no pictures nor any space for them.

photo

Sent in a photo to Centre County for the permit. Came back with the photo tape on with scotch tape. Other counties can do the photo in a smaller (credit card size) and it's laminated.

As long as you have a photo ID that matches your name and address ( address doesn't even have to match) you'll be fine.;)

My license is the flimsy piece of paper type. My last one didnt have a pic on it, this one has a copy of my DL photo they took off the PENNDOT database. My sons is a DL sized, laminated card with a passport type pic on it. There doesnt seem to be any state wide standard.

I would not laminate the paper version, as its to big to go in your wallet that way. I just fold mine and and slip it into one of the plastic sleeves in my wallet. I just took mine out last week to see when it expires. First time its been out in almost 5 years. Looks like it did when I put it in there in 2003. :)

NY is the biggest stickler with CCW licenses, yet up until recently both Nassau and Suffolk Counties were credit card sized paper licenses. Now Suffolk uses a plastic credit card size license. I too have a PA non resident license. I looked at it in disbelief. I did laminate mine. Just because I know what happened to my Nassau and Suffolk licenses in a short time.

Cheap paper or not, PA is the most gun friendly state there is when it comes to non res licenses. Two weeks and you have it....that is amazing.

Cheap paper or not, PA is the most gun friendly state there is when it comes to non res licenses. Two weeks and you have it....that is amazing.
There are a few gun-friendly Sheriffs, not the entire state.

If you don't want to laminate permanently, you can also consider throwing it in one of the plastic sleeves sold for things like trading cards. Better than nothing, and will keep it from getting dinged up in your wallet.

Other than that, just make sure you have photo ID in you and I'd not worry too much.

Back