Action Magic II and Ballistol oil ??

montveil

I have been reading great things about Ballistol oil and Action Magic II super lube.
I cannot separate the hype from fact.
Are these products all they say they are? Would you use them on your firearms?

Thanks

Ballistol was developed long ago for military type usage, older mil-surp firearms. Ballistol can be used on many different materials such as leather, metal, rubber and others. Ballistol can be mixed with water to clean the bore of firearms that shoot corrosive ammo then patched and use Ballistol full strength. I have and use Ballistol and like it for what it is. haven't had any experience with Action Magic II.

Ballistol's the best.

Please find below the text of one of my earlier posts.

A number of years ago, a german equivalent of G&A (Visier), did a field test on gun cleaning oils. Not copper removers but general 1 product gun care liquids. They were tested on
A. anti corrosion
B. powder residue removal,
C. Bore cleaning.

Reason for the test was the emergence of many new PTFE based products (yes, 2 decades ago).
The test was supposed to run over several weeks.(anti corrosion and powder residue removal).

Finally the test was ended prematurely because ALL (but one) products had failed in one or more aspects. The only one left standing after several weeks was exactly the same oil that served the german army in both WWI and WWII and that I still use today for 1001 applications. I would not dream of going camping without it.

Don't know if its available in the states, it is called Ballistol from the Klever company.

Try it, you'll like it.
Used it on VCR's (makes them new) doorlocks etc.etc.

It revived my 1906 swede's sling from flat dead to flexible as new. Waterproofs leather.

I shoot BP revolvers, a '58 Rem .44 and a ROA - I carry Ballistol in a small squeeze bottle w/long thin spout in my kit. just a drop on a binding cylinder pin after firing a few cylinders and it's good to go. good stuff all around.

i used to use break free,,,for years,,,and then about 12 years ago i found ballistol,,,and i have never looked back,,,,when i started using it it was really hard to find,,,,,,so i became a dealer for the stuff

it does have a funny oder,,,but maybe that's because i grew up with hoppe's

every one i give a bottle to try,,,just loves the stuff

i keep a bottle on the night stand too:),,,, you just never know

ocharry

Back