Action Bedding Epoxy

plateshooter

I have an SKS that I want to bed into a Fajen Stock. Will the epoxy kits at the local hardware store work for the bedding? I was thinking about the JB Weld but I'm not sure about a release agent for that. I have also heard of people using the Devcon kit. Any help is appreciated.
Thanks

------------------
Good shootin to ya
Plateshooter

Plateshooter, while basically any epoxy will work you can get small kits from Brownells or me that have everything you need in them. They are premeasured, no muss no fuss and come with complete instructions. $14.60 plus shipping from either of us. George

A product called "Marine Tex" can be found at some hardware stores and works well. You can use paste wax as a release agent. I must however concur with George. The Brownells product is the best.

Thanks for the information, I appreciate it. I will be ordering the Brownells kit.

------------------
Good shootin to ya
Plateshooter

I've used Marine-Tek quite a bit, but I now use Pro-Bed 2000 - the link is @ www.scorehi.com -- check this stuff out. The molecules are rounded, like microscopic beads; it won't compress, etc., and gives a great finish!

BTW - I have used Pam Non-Stick cooking spray as a release agent for the last 5 firearms and haven't had any problem, plus the spray is wicked easy to apply. :D

The best part, I bedded an SKS in a Choate light-weight stock, drilled and tapped the receiver cover for a Weaver base, and with a 1-3X shotgun scope it'll keep groups that aggregate 1.25" @ 100 yards. [This info added to 1st post]

[This message has been edited by Lefty (edited May 17, 2000).]

Hi Lefty, Thanks for the link and info. I already ordered the Brownells kit, but I will be using the Pro Bed on my next project.

------------------
Good shootin to ya
Plateshooter

Back