ACCURIZING

Jeffly

I was thinking of accurizing my Rem. 700 ps,I called HS Precision their ss fluted barrels are 410.00 to install said barrel and Teflon coat Barrel and rec. 825.00. I can have it installed locally for around 200.00. Is it worth the money to Teflon? And are these Barrels any good? I like the looks of fluted barrels. Does any one else make a good barrel?

My marksman rifle was built by HS Precision. With factory matchloads, I get 1/2" groups at 100 yards. If I was a better shot or handloaded, the groups would probably be smaller.

One thing about building rifles, better to let one party do all the work. There's better quality control that way and you won't have a bunch of people blaming each other for what went wrong (gunsmith claiming the barrel is bad, stockmaker saying the receiver/barrel wasn't properly fitted, barrel maker saying the gunsmith didn't install their barrel on properly. You get the picture.

------------------
Vigilantibus et non dormientibus jura subveniunt

I think I just paid $380 for a SS Douglas XX airgaged,, bead blasted and "black T'd", locally. So that's a good price on the barrel, but seems a high for the teflon, FWIW

Go with a company who has a track record of building super accurate rifles. (Harts) Shilen, Lilja, Shnider and McBros Or Sinclair can give you a list of world records their rifles hold. Anyone can build a rifle every once in a while that will shoot. A good Mechanic makes all his shoot. It is not what you do to a rifle that makes it shoot but rather what you don'' do wrong that keeps it from shooting

Back