Accurate .300 BLK?

jonnyc

Trying to zero my Ruger with the most accurate factory supersonic .300 BLK round I can find. I've tested a bunch but can't seem to get great consistency.

Any tried and true suggestions?

I had a 300 BLK pistol for years but loaded my own ammo. Decommissioned it when all the brace silliness started. BY FAR the fastest and most accurate load I ever came up with--and I tried most of them--was using Barnes 110 gr Tac TX black-tip bullets.

What are your accuracy expectations from the RAR BO? I've had some ammunition that groups around MOA at 100 yds, some that's closer to 2 MOA. 300 yds with a BO, and I've had no issues ringing an 8" gong with 2 MOA ammunition at those ranges with my RAR BO with supers and subs.

Some of the best loaded ammunition I shot was remanufactured ammunition loaded with 125 gr Sierra Match King bullets. I can't remember the manufacturer, and I only purchased 100 rounds out of a LGS and I think they only did a one time purchase. 110 and 120 grain Barnes Vor-TX ammunition has been very good for me deer hunting. I consistently get MOA or better at 100 yds with it.

I also run a 7.5" AR pistol, and I'm happy if I get 2 MOA at 50 yards with a 1 MOA RDS. Optics will also play a big part in accuracy expectations. The scope on my RAR BO is the Nikon 2-7 .300 BO scope, which I actually hate.

What kind of accuracy are you wanting /expecting?

Are you sure its not an issue with the rifle. Had all kinds of issued from loose action screws in the past.

What kind of ammo do you need? just any ammo that's supersonic? or hunting /defensive bullets?

Last edited:
Back