Accuracy International AE series rifles

Kimio

They're lovely rifles, well out of my budget, but lovely rifles nonetheless.

Was wondering if anyone actually has had the privilage of owning or shooting one of these rifles.

What were your impressions with the rifle? I always liked the look of the rifles, but have never been graced with the privilage of actually holding one let alone seeing one IRL.

just curious, it appears that they are built to order, and completely custom for the most part.

Anyone with the privilege of owning these beautiful rifles is unknown to me personally, but the gentleman at 8541 Tactical (you can find him on youtube) is a huge proponent of their chassis systems. He is a certified Remington armorer and owns not only AI built rifles, but several of their chassis systems for his 700s. He has many videos about his love for anything AI and I think you could find a wealth of information there.

Here is his channel you Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/LoneWolfUSMC

The only person I know of around here with an AI rifle or rifles is Zak Smith and I don't know if he still comes around.

I have a stainless Remington 700 in an AI 2.0 chassis. I really like the magazine system and the ergonomics and it's probably as close as I'll ever get to an AI rifle.

rifle1.jpg

There are plenty of people on the hide that use the AE, AW, and AX series. Zak is the only one i know of here that runs the AW.

The AICS however as posted above are pretty common and a very popular chassis. BTW nice rifle Nimble, i assume that is a 5R with a SN-3 1.8-10x36mm? And if you don't like the thumbhole you can always opt for a pistol grip with viper skins, which is somewhat similar to the AX chassis in form.

header.jpg

It's probably the most durable and reliable bolt action rifle money can buy. Note this was in 2010 i could've sworn Frank mentioned that very rifle in another thread having over 100,000rds through it but i couldn't find it.
http://weww.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2103795&page=3
LowLight said:
The 1997 AW at Rifles Only has over 90,000 rounds through it, on it's 10th barrel and the only thing that ever broke was the mushroom pin that holds the bolt release. A new pin was overnighted and it was fixed in less than 10 minutes.

Shaunpain said:
Anyone with the privilege of owning these beautiful rifles is unknown to me personally, but the gentleman at 8541 Tactical (you can find him on youtube) is a huge proponent of their chassis systems. He is a certified Remington armorer and owns not only AI built rifles, but several of their chassis systems for his 700s. He has many videos about his love for anything AI and I think you could find a wealth of information there.

John does some excellent reviews for sure. He can also shoot very well. Idk how he does it but if you watch his bolt manipulation video he doesn't blink as the shot goes off. Wish i had that skill.

Last edited:
Blackops_2 - John is impressive, to say the least. I've tried to dry fire my rifles without blinking and it's impossible. He is definitely something to aspire to be as far as a precision rifle shooter. His new segment on reloading is astounding in scope and detail.

Back